Forum Eerste Wereldoorlog Forum Index Forum Eerste Wereldoorlog
Hťt WO1-forum voor Nederland en Vlaanderen

FAQFAQ   ZoekenZoeken   GebruikerslijstGebruikerslijst   WikiWiki   RegistreerRegistreer 
 ProfielProfiel   Log in om je privť berichten te bekijkenLog in om je privť berichten te bekijken   InloggenInloggen   Actieve TopicsActieve Topics 

The War Diary of George Culpitt, Royal Welch Fusiliers

Plaats nieuw bericht   Plaats Reactie    Forum Eerste Wereldoorlog Forum Index -> Het Britse Leger en de Commonwealth eenheden Actieve Topics
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
Yvonne
Admin

BerichtGeplaatst: 04 Dec 2010 22:58    Onderwerp: The War Diary of George Culpitt, Royal Welch Fusiliers Reageer met quote

The War Diary of George Culpitt, Royal Welch Fusiliers

This is the diary of my grandfather, George Culpitt, kept by him, in tiny notebooks, in the trenches of the First World War. He served from 1915 to 1919 in the 10th and 13th Battalions of the Royal Welch Fusiliers "The London Welch"

This diary is his story of the Great War. He is 18 years old in the picture on the right, taken as the diary begins in 1916 on embarkation leave before setting off for the Western Front. You can read how his attitude and tone of writing change as you read through the diary. The keen, patriotic teenager on the right changes into a bone tired cynical and rather disaffected veteran by its end in 1918, when he was all of 20 years old.

He was an inveterate hoarder, scrap book keeper and diarist, a fact for which I will be eternally grateful. I have a number of documents of his, diaries, letters and a huge rather splendidly battered scrap book of some of the historical events that took place during his life.

I hope you enjoy it
http://www.culpitt-war-diary.org.uk/

https://twitter.com/ForumWO1
Naar boven
Bekijk gebruikers profiel Stuur privť bericht Verstuur mail Bekijk de homepage
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Plaats nieuw bericht   Plaats Reactie    Forum Eerste Wereldoorlog Forum Index -> Het Britse Leger en de Commonwealth eenheden Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: